Friday, February 26, 2010

bin there, compost that.


You can ask any of my former room mates, I love recycling! And composting organic waste is even more exciting to me! It feels good to contribute to green projects that honour our home – this beautiful planet.

As of January, a new green bin collection has started for most residents in Ottawa – aiming to reduce the amount of waste going to the landfill by 45%! Almost half of the residential waste we produce is made up of organics: food scraps, soiled paper, kitty litter, or leaf and yard waste. But organic waste isn’t garbage— it’s a valuable resource!

I love that the green bin system makes a difference to the City and the environment. It can extend the life of our landfills, and turns waste into a usable product (compost) that enriches the earth!

See my pics on facebook: http://bit.ly/dbQyLu

It feels good to contribute in a positive way. To me, organic recycling represents the opportunity to bring something valuable to the end of my driveway. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment