Tuesday, March 23, 2010

final prep and day 1: Raw Diva Detox!

So far so good!

I initially started my fast as of 6pm last night. I celebrated with a Beatles dance party in my kitchen, handstands, yoga moves, rebounding, and stowed away my pots, pans, and crockpot. I spent time cleaning and honouring my incredible Santevia water filter, knowing its product would be my ‘meals’ for the next 24 hours.

I had a date with my parents and brought them a delicious smoothie (spinach, zucchini, celery, strawberries, blackberries, frozen cranberries, stevia, and water).

I ended up enjoying the treat with them, so I restarted my fast just after 8:30pm. No problem, my body feels to be in a different time zone these days. I usually go to bed and wake up about 3 hours later than the average.. so this was perfect.

I hopped into bed at 11:30pm - early for me, and soaked in all of my excitement for the week ahead. My good-feeling thoughts kept rolling in (for about 4 hours!) and I just basked in it all. I loved every moment. Allowing everything to show up.. and completely at peace, knowing I would sleep until my body was ready for the next day.

I woke up at 10:30am, dozed off again, and before I knew it, it was 11:45am. Wow! That’s a record! What an incredible sleep!

This is the second fast I’ve done (I remember doing a 30 hour famine in high school), and I find it a completely fascinating experience! I love observing all of my thoughts around food. How many times I think about ‘what can I eat next’ and how often I reach for the fridge door. I put a bit of masking tape on door, to remind myself of the fast!

Stay tuned for another update later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment